Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Quick Note

Hi friends - just want to say that my blogging fever hasn't permanently ended. It's just on a short break while I catch all these plates that I'm juggling. Probably at the beginning of next week the posts will re-commence. I have a recital tomorrow and am playing for a masterclass on Monday. In addition to being a little overrun by accompanying (which is a good thing!).

I'm learning ways to handle my stress appropriately too. My parents told me to make sure that I'm eating enough iron to keep my energy levels up. Also, my Dad, when I told him I hadn't been sleeping well, very pointedly and lovingly asked me what I spend my time thinking about. Well, especially at night, my mind starts running - and worrying/stressing. So my goal is to spend my last waking moments every night meditating on Scripture. Instead of just saying I won't worry, I'm going to replace these disruptive thoughts. Also, since I also need a very practical thing to do as well, I am cutting out screen time right before I hit the pillow. No more ipod-ing right before bed :) Anyways, I hope that if you are struggling with stress that you will treat yourself well. Eat well, rest well, and be very intentional about re-focusing your thoughts.

Oh! And my roommate introduced me to the Book of Awesome yesterday. You should either check it our or create your own. It will totally make you appreciate the little things in life! Okay, have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment