Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Roses are red

Today was such a welcomed day! I've needed the weekend since Wednesday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I slept in (sorta) then enjoyed a fancy breakfast of chocolate Cheerios. Yum. I then had a burning desire to play cinderella so I cleaned the condo. In addition to vacuuming, I dusted the baseboards and mopped!! I felt like super homemaker. Then I practiced piano basically all afternoon. I have a nice stack of music to learn that is about 2 inches tall. I think I scared off a prospective student though. So I was in the practice hallway and there was absolutely no one around. The practice rooms were full, but everyone was being productive and reclusive. It was an audition day, so this girl who was dressed up came walking down the hallway with her parents. I decided to be friendly so I said hi super cheerfully and asked if she was auditioning. Well, no. I asked if "they" were auditioning then laughed and corrected myself. She said yes and I asked her what instrument. She answered but there was no smile from anyone in the party and they just kept walking, hahaha. "Jo goes crazy on caffeine" moment I guess.

Okay, so last night we had this girl's college event for church. We were at a lady's home and there were a bunch of us college girls and some ladies from the church. We had an awesome time of just listening to the ladies share their hearts and encourage us to seek Christ with our whole heart. One piece of advice that really encouraged me was about commitments. They strongly encouraged us to learn to say no. It is super important to have time for yourself to rest and think and build a relationship with Christ. But one lady also said to be careful to never be afraid to say yes to new opportunities. Don't remain in your comfort zone, in your box. While God can use you wherever you are, there is often something great lying just beyond a leap of faith. However, you will never be able to discern God's will if you aren't persistently praying for it. So, let this be an invitation to spend some real time in prayer, then follow God into a new and maybe scary place. There is so much good waiting for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment