Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Candy and Rappers

Warning: this is a post written by a worn out person. (so it will be short)

What did I do today? I rode my bike to school, practiced, rehearsed, played for a lesson, class, my lesson, more rehearsal, then I came home to watch the voice with friends. But I am worn out from a long day and tomorrow is seeming ever more daunting.

I did learn something about myself today, though. When I am feeling weary and stressed all I want to do is lay on my bed and listen to rap music. Yes, unfortunately eminem is a little bit of a guilty pleasure. It kinda hit me today though that instead of letting rap music block out my exhaustion, I need to be seeking rest in Christ. I can't and never will be able to sustain myself, so why do I try. The beauty of the gospel is that God's power is made perfect in weakness. If I really believe that, it needs to affect how I live - and how I rest. Eminem is not going to give me rest and prepare me for the next thing I need to accomplish. It's going to suck me in and reinforce my selfish emotions. This is all breaking my heart. Rest is important to me - but laziness is something I really need to get rid of. And just the thought of that makes me a little more tired. Fortunately, I am not alone (and I'm not afraid, haha).

I also learned that there is an eminem m&m commercial. It's actually kinda humorous, though I was in a giggly mood so take that with a grain of salt.

What else was good about today? I had a sweet potato and broccoli for dinner. Can you say yumm?? Then I ate a bunch of m&ms because I was angry at commercials during the voice. Yes, yes, a dramatic day. Ok goodnight.

(I hope that you got my puns. I've been really puny of late - I'm not sure what to attribute that to. But maybe the coffee. I swore I would never be addicted...)

No comments:

Post a Comment