Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

What Getting Our Car Towed Means To Me

- We got to ride the subway! Believe it or not, when they tow your car, they take it somewhere else. Somewhere you probably can’t walk to. So you ride the public transit – CHA CHING – more money to the government. Anyways, we got to ride the big city subway. It was much more sketch than I expected – I remember DC’s being much nicer. Anyways, I now have a subway ticket for my scrapbook

- While I absolutely love driving, I never want to own a car. towing isn’t enough in itself to push me over the edge, but the fact that I got a flat tire the week before is. Hopefully when I grow up I will live somewhere I won’t need to own wheels. Whether that’s a big city with public transit or some African plain where I walk everywhere, doesn’t matter to me.

- Glass. There’s lots of it in alleyways and not-oft-walked streets in big cities. Walk carefully and you won’t get it stuck in your foot.

- Apparently cute people work in the traffic appeals division at city hall (so says my mom).

- One towing can set off a bad chain of events for the rest of the day. BEWARE!

- You will laugh about it one day, but not 2 hours later. Don’t try to joke about it when your sister’s feet are still hurting from the walk to the impound lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment