Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Music

Recently, my life has begun to revolve around music. Crazy, huh? Who would've thunk :) Anyways, I've been noticing how much everyone else's life revolves around music also. What would life be without music? Think of all the awkward silences in movies, that's scary. How would you explain a the rhythm of a golf swing without the analogy of a metronome? There would be no dancing. Or there would be silent dancing. Awkward. I find it quite interesting to think about. My science friend laughs at me, but I still maintain that life would be pretty desolate without music.

You know, music people from hundreds of years ago were onto something when they believed that music actually affects the soul and changes moods and emotions. The next time you listen to music, words or no-words, think about the life that it is reflecting and the emotion it is expressing. All art is a reflection of life whether it's a good part of life or a bad part of life. It helps us deal with things, and sort stuff out. That's why I love it so much. Just imagine life without music. All I can picture is a stark white, bright room that's empty. So, moral of this post? Be happy, listen to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment