Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

When Life is Out of My Control

Well guys, after my unintentional month long break from blogging, I have decided to come back! Life is a little topsy turvy right now, so pardon my sometimes heavy, sometimes confusing posts that I'm sure will come. First off, I'm a senior. And it's scary. My rock-solid plan is starting to fall through and my "12 hrs is easy!" semester is quickly getting filled up! I came into this year wanting to spend my time really building relationships and friendships, and I'm doing a bad job. To the people I've blown off already or those that I haven't quite been super friendly to: I'm sorry! All that to say, I am super pumped about this year. God is at work - in my life, in the lives of my friends, and all around - and that brings a smile to my face no matter what my day holds. Not to say I haven't had any breakdowns already, but at least I'm living life to the fullest - I'm sure feeling ALL the emotions.

In addition to school I am taking an active part in my Church this year and I am sooo excited. I'm having the opportunity to invest in people and also be discipled by older/wiser people. I'm also joining the worship band!! I'll be playing keyboard occasionally during college hour. I feel rather unqualified and not cool enough, but I'm secretly really excited :) Also somehow I feel like so many people are all of a sudden crossing paths with me - and I love it! I've had the chance to meet a bunch of new freshmen and I'm also being able to spend more time with people I've known for a while but never really got to spend time with. I just want to give up school and hang out with people! So this year will be about learning to be a people person - learning how to talk and carry a conversation ;) , remembering to text/talk to people, going all-in for relationships. That last one is hard. Too often I worry that people don't actually like me, so I stay guarded and awkward. But someone once told me that if you never feel pain you aren't loving well. So here's to loving well!

I'm also going back in time to when I didn't have a car. The wonderful vehicle that I was given in February is sitting right now in a wrecker lot. I was hit a couple weeks ago and my car had to be towed, there was no way I was driving it home. Thankfully no one was injured! But my poor car will probably never be driven again. Considering it's worth $500, we're pretty sure the insurance will total it when they finally get their act together and take care of my claim. So for now I am car-less and am having the joy of asking people for rides all the time. I went to clean my bike today and start using it, but my tires don't hold air anymore. FIGURES! haha, at least it cooled off somewhat this weekend so that walking is more enjoyable.

So! Senior year has started out with a bang! It's been fun - dancing, movies, climbing on bridges, great conversations, lots of froyo. And it's been crazy - car wrecks, forgetting assignments, unintentionally ignoring people, and firefox crashing about 20 times. Also much running! My goals are a 10k at thanksgiving and a half marathon in March! There's no stress reliever like pounding the pavement. So here goes a life-changing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment