Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Laughing

Today I made a lot of joyful laughing noises. It was one of those days where you just laugh at yourself a lot. It was a super day, but I feel like it could have been a comedy show. I probably won't do justice to the humor in this post, but I'll do my best.

The morning started off badly with two almost dead bugs in the kitchen that I had to deal with. One upside-down cockroach with wiggling legs, and one cricket that may or may not have been dead (I smashed it just in case). Gross. And then I had to eat breakfast. Ah well, that's what happens when you live with someone who won't touch the bugs and just leaves them lying there :) I then proceeded to leave the house without an umbrella. At the time, I did not realize that that was going to cause a problem. ha. ha. ha. How little I knew.

I enjoyed a cancelled class this morning, which really kicked off my day nicely. That meant I sat in class merely 3 times this week! Oh the joys of senior year! I was a good little girl and spent the morning in the practice room...sorta. I went to get coffee and ended up staying and talking to a friend and that cut out a good chunk of the time I had alloted to practice. By then, the clouds were rolling in and I had to face the fact that I was probably going to get really wet by the end of the day. That time came after lunch when I had to go to the library. It was POURING. Really really pouring. Maddie graciously offered to walk me over to the library and let me share her umbrella. After making sure she would get major roomie points and one of the scones I was going to bake. Haha, with how hard it was raining, the umbrella only kept about a quarter of each of us dry. We also had to cross a flooded street. Somehow, water does not drain on campus and the one street we had to cross had literally become a river. There was no way around it. So we jumped/waded across the current and almost collapsed from laughing. We made it to the library and took a video to commemorate the situtation:



I rounded out the day with a class and a rehearsal. Drinking coffee before class always makes for an interesting experience. I really should steer clear of that. The caffeine just gives me jitters and makes me prone to laugh out loud at the comments of my neighbors. Not the best thing in a class of 8. I also learned the valuable life lesson of "look before you sit". Yes, yes I sat down at the piano and someone had moved the bench WAY far back and I missed it. I did catch the edge of it though and I have a nice little bruise on my rear. So the screams from the practice room were just me, no one was getting killed. I'm home safe now - thank goodness! I made my scones and while I almost burned them, they really turned out perfect. I did have to vacuum in addition to cleaning the counters - I made quite the mess. Now to tackle dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment