Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

What a full week it has been! Literally all Thursday and Friday I spent cleaning my room. I have been going through old stuff and sorting stuff and throwing away LOTS of stuff. I have found recently that I really really love getting rid of stuff - whether it's donating it or taking it to the dumpster. I have filled almost 2 giant trash bags, plus a box of stuff to donate. So much happy!! I did find this treasure though:



I used to have several glass dolls - I never played with them, but I loved having them. But almost every single one of them had a foot broken off. I guess that was my trademark with dolls. I was super surprised to find this one with both feet intact!

And I finally got to try a new recipe the other night! On Saturday my mom asked me to cook dinner so I took the opportunity to go gourmet. I saw a huge bag of quinoa in the cabinet, so I went the route of Aztec food. I made quinoa black bean burrito bowls, I found the recipe here: Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls. They were good! When I told my Dad what I was cooking he was not very excited, but he said that he actually liked it! They were really good, only my brother didn't finish his, but he's a snooty eater so it didn't surprise me. Here's my finished product:



And finally, some other random things I want to share with you:

I ordered a german phrase book this week! Should be here soon, Austria here I come!

My shin splints are back. I swear my body hates me! Never have I successfully run more than a couple weeks without problems. So if any of you have suggestions, send them my way!

Favorite new hobby: looking up million dollar homes for sale - some people live in such extreme luxury. It makes me sick, but I kinda enjoy it at the same time.

And my cat, she has started leaving Josh's bed for my bed at night. Victory!!









No comments:

Post a Comment