Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Eventful!

I have a problem. Most of the time I want to blog and I don't have anything at all going on. But then stuff starts happening and I don't blog because by the time I think about sitting down, all I want to do is go to bed! I guess I'm just still trying to figure out this blogging thing. I've had a pretty eventful week, lots of fun things going on.

Last Sunday my Grandma came to visit and she leaves tomorrow. We've had such a good time talking and just hanging out. And this week has been one of the busiest of the summer, so she has been along for the ride. She has started a new exercise regime and I have happily joined her while she has been here. She's been kicking my butt! 2+ hours at the gym is more than I've ever done in a day, haha. She is a part of some program that allows her access to the YMCA here in town and since I am the only one who volunteered to work out with her, she got me a Y membership for the time I will be at home! They just finished building the new Y, so the facilities are great and there are lots of classes offered. I'm excited to start going to a couple classes a week. I'm thinking Pi-Yo and either Zumba or Butts & Guts. I will not be attending Zumba on my own, so that decision rests on whether my friend will go with me. AND I will be doing a little bit of triathlon training - I'll keep you posted!

The most exciting thing that happened was on Saturday Olivia and I went to Charleston for the day to celebrate her birthday! We left early, got back late and enjoyed shopping, the beach, dinner and dessert. And NOTHING went wrong!! We only made 2 U-turns, and the worst thing was Olivia got blisters (though it's because she bought new shoes and wore them out of the store). We enjoyed dinner on the water, we even got to sit on the porch, then went downtown to a sit-down dessert place. I got toll house pie with ice cream and Olivia enjoyed a cappuccino torte.

And finally, this morning I made the most amazing smoothie - and it was so easy! So here's my recipe:

JOCELYN'S SUMMER AMAZING SMOOTHIE

1 mango, peeled and cubed
1 medium peach - cut up
yogurt, plain unsweetened (could use greek?)
ice (optional)
chia seeds (optional)

Add yogurt to blender first, then dump in mango and peach. Blend! Add as much ice as you want. The more ice, the thicker. If you like more of a juice consistency, use less ice. Blend! I added about a tablespoon of chia seeds and didn't notice them at all. Blend! Enjoy!!

I could taste the mango and peach both perfectly. I didn't add any sugar or honey and it was quite sweet!

(I also just found out that my hotel room in Vienna includes a fluffy bathrobe!! How exciting!)

Here are pics:






No comments:

Post a Comment