Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Eating and Exercising

These two things are what take up most of my time nowadays. I'm even sitting here eating a peach! I've been doing some cooking and baking lately, right now I've got a coffee cake in the oven. So yes, eating and exercising with a little reading and piano mixed in there.

Thanks to my Y membership I have been able to work on my running despite my shin splints. Right now I'm just working on distance. My goal for the summer is to get my base mileage up to around 4 miles. I also hope to get to a point where I can't not run, so that when school starts I have some kind of motivation. It's one thing to run in the summer when there's not much to do, but it's another to keep at it when you're doing homework at night instead of sleeping! I've also finally started getting to the pool to swim laps. As of now, I don't know that the triathlon in August will happen, but I want to get at least a little ready so I can train without starting from scratch. Fortunately I have a workout buddy who gets me to the gym just about every day. For those of you reading who need motivation, well here's a little encouragement. Get out there and get sweaty!! It feels great :)

So onto food! I've only fixed a few things, but I have several recipes to try over the next week or so. I did make a delicious cobbler last night though! I found a recipe here that I used. I followed it exactly except I used mixed berries and definitely used more than called for. It was SUPER easy and turned out absolutely delicious. I would have taken a picture, but it was completely gobbled up in about 10 minutes. It was yummy.

Well stay tuned. There's lots going on here so I plan to post a life update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment