Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

More baking!

It seems that baking is all I post about nowadays. But it's basically all I do nowadays. Baking is one of two things that keeps me sane. The other is running. I feel like they balance each other out really well too. Bake, eat, go run. Repeat. Fortunately I have been able to cook dinner for the family so not all of my time in the kitchen is spent making people fat from sugar! I pride myself in finding delicious meals that everyone will love. Well, actually that's completely false. All of my family are picky picky eaters, so I basically cook what I want and mom makes them eat it. It's a pretty good deal! She even does the grocery shopping so that literally all I do is cook :)

Let's see. Before I get to the food. This week is the week of crazy. The family leaves in 7 days - ONE WEEK! Which means Europe happens in 2 weeks. The to-do list includes: buying one last train ticket, stocking up on last minute things I need before heading out of the country, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, pack, bake, pack, practice, fill in the backyard pond, clean the car, blog. And watch the olympic trials and Wimbledon. Fortunately the trials are only on for an hour a day, so I won't have to miss a ton of it. And its only the first rounds of Wimbledon, so I can miss those. haha, the problems of a lazy summer.

But I do have to share two things. If you ever have the chance to try Ethiopian food, DO IT! My mom grew up in Ethiopia so I have enjoyed Injera and Wat for a long time. But some family friends just adopted from there and so we went out for Ethiopian food last week. Gosh it is so dang delicious. And Ethiopians know how to make coffee too. No cream needed, and that coming from me who has to have half and half, not milk. Second! I mentioned summer TV in my previous post. If you need a laugh, check out The Choice on NBC Thursday nights at 9pm est. I've only watched it once so far, but we were dying! It was so great. Take Me Out is another dating show that's on just before it. Also funny and worth a watch, though not as great as The Choice. Okay, done rambling, now to food.

My favorite recipe so far is actually one I made for dinner. This is delicious. Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon. And it is SO easy and takes no time at all. The only thing I would change is next time I am going to marinate the salmon in the sauce for a while. The flavor is delicious but could have been stronger, the thicker parts of the salmon weren't as flavorful. Anyways, this one's a winner. AND fish is super good for you!

My fail of the week was chocolate chip cookie dough bites. The idea kinda sounded good, but I didn't think it through. Basically it is cookie dough that you are supposed to roll up (aka touch all of it with your hands), refrigerate, then eat. But the dough wasn't that good, apparently without eggs it gets pretty grainy. And you can only eat so much dough. Definitely won't be making that one again.

Another delicious dinner recipe is these chicken rolls. Yummy! I haven't tried the mozzarella variant, but that is on my list. And top it off with a snack of caramel marshmallow popcorn, but only if you have a major sweet tooth! Seriously it was SO sugary.

So there you go! A peek at my week, some good recipes, and some bad recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment