Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rocky Mountain National Park

Well first off, I CANNOT find anything that will get the pictures from my camera to my computer, so no pictures tonight. That probably makes me sound really technologically unsavvy. I really know my electronics, it's just hard to come home after 3 months and find things :)

So, I guess I'm up to Colorado day 2! We got up in the morning and I dropped her off at her office to meet people and then went and did her grocery shopping for her. I'm so nice, right? I actually just wanted to get the errands done so we could hit up the mountains! It ended up being cloudy and in the 40s on Friday. We went back and forth on whether or not we wanted to actually get out of the car and hike, so we decided to dress as warmly as we could for what we packed and decide later whether or not we would get out of the car. Well, before we even got to the park, it was snowing pretty hardcore.

Estes Park is this cute little town in the mountains just before the entrance to the park. It has a cute downtown with shops and a hotel and I guess people live there. We got out and walked around a little bit and went into almost every tourist T-shirt shop. You wouldn't believe the number of obvious dirty jokes are on Colorado tourist shirts. I was a little shocked, maybe I shouldn't have been. Then we headed into the park/mountains!! It was cold. Cold cold cold. So we decided to do all driving. We did get out at almost every pull-off to take pictures, but shivered and jumped back in the car. When we got to where the road finally closed off at the top, all we saw was a wall of white cloud. I guess it was cool, but we didn't get to see any mountains unfortunately. But it was still a great trip and we had a lot of fun.

As a side note, altitude sickness is real. By the time we got to the top of the park, I had a headache and my stomach was not feelin' so hot. It's so weird how that works. It didn't seem like we were climbing that high, but I guess we were. On the way back to the house we stopped by goodwill and the outlet mall. I found a few steals and I think Katelyn only bought a gift, but it was successful! We crammed everything I wanted to do into one day and still got home for dinner - steak!

Tomorrow starts the job hunt, that shall be not fun. And it's RAINING here so my ability to go running is non-existent. Worst timing ever - I have leftover school and travel stress I need to get rid of! But soon, when the weather co-operates, I'll start maybe logging my tri-training.

No comments:

Post a Comment