Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hi Peeps!

First, a note to all the musicians out there. Have you ever experienced lesson anxiety? Yeah, I know. It sounds super dramatic. It's actually the worst thing ever. In high school, I used to always get nervous when I would go for my piano lesson and would mess up things that I had worked on forever. It would sound like I didn't practice sometimes! Anyways, I always thought that as I got "more mature" and comfortable with life, that I would get over these problems. But yet, I still fight these stupid lesson nerves. It's stupid because your teacher isn't someone who you should be super scared to play for. But I am sometimes. I guess that means I still have growing to do (as my teacher very bluntly pointed out the other day). So to all you who grow fat fingers in your lessons - it's okay! It happens to all of us (I almost said it happens to the best of us, but that implies I'm the best...). And don't think you will magically grow out of it. Learn to deal with the nerves and you're one step closer to being a professional. Obviously, I'm not, haha.

Okay, now to fun life! I finally finished my jewelry organizer thing!!!!!!!! After months of this frame sitting in my room, I finally sat down and thought about how to practically make this work. Add in the challenge that I didn't want to go to the store to get anything and you've got yourself a project! Anyways, this is what the final product looks like: (though I might still change it out for mesh at some point)
ALSO! My AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL Aunt and Uncle bought me a tea kettle and I got it in the mail this week. She had asked me if I needed anything for my condo and I mentioned that I wished I had a tea kettle. So, they went out and bought one! I was super surprised and excited! Aren't they awesome? To tell you how wonderful they are, they let me crash at their house whenever I want, and feed me well, and encourage me, and share their wisdom with me, and buy me awesome orange kitchen things!!!! (I've been drinking lots of hot tea the past couple days). Okay, I am done conveying my excitement. Here it is:

PLUSSSSSSSSSSS: I bought sweet potatoes the other day at the grocery store and I've been looking for a yummy way to cook them. Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to make sweet potato chips and will share my recipe and my success with you! (except you can't eat the chips). Alright, to the chips then!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jocelyn,

    I just wanted to tell you I really enjoy reading your blog. I can relate to a lot of what you talk about and your take on life. I think we have a lot in common! ;)Oh and btw my teacher is always telling me how much growing I have to do too (very bluntly)! :/ I enjoyed seeing you over Christmas - hope that 2012 truly is the best year ever!! :) <3 Tiffany

    ReplyDelete