Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Laziness, optimism and health

Hey folks! I'm sitting here in bed enjoying one of my last few nights at home for Christmas break. It's rather sad actually. I think this is the first break that has been a good bit too short. I could use several more days to spend time with people, relax, sleep, and PRACTICE!! I am NOT feeling burnt out on piano anymore, but I really haven't put in any practice time! It's terrible. I guess maybe that means it's a good thing I'm going back to a place where I practice a lot. But I do think I know why I am feeling less rested and not ready to go back to school. One word: laziness. This is something I am definitely wired for and have to really fight sometimes. Something I learned over this break is the difference between laziness and rest. I think that rest is intentional. It can be productive and it prepares you for the work that is to come. Laziness just sucks everything out of you. It's unproductive and makes you want to do nothing else but keep being lazy. I don't know if those are universal definitions, but for me there is definitely a distinction. Rest is important, laziness is something I need to avoid. So, here's hoping that 2012 brings true rest.

Did you know that 2012 is going to be awesome? This is something I'm believing more and more every day. I am usually pretty ambivalent about that magical switch from December 31 to January 1, but this year I am feeling optimistic, maybe a little too idealistic, and ready to seize each and every day. I don't really have any personal resolutions, but I do have those grand plans that always come at the beginning of a semester. One of my friends is going hardcore on the Paleo diet. And while there is no way I could do her 30 day cleanse, she does have me inspired to add at least a little more health into my diet. So, I will be adding food adventures to my life and my blog this year. Tonight we tried Kale chips. Super easy to make, and kinda yummy! And a bonus, Kale is a superfood (whatever that means, haha). Wow, that sounds boring. Kale chips and healthiness. Oh dear.

Ok. I have a lot more I can say, but I'll save it for tomorrow (or the day after). I had too much caffeine today and am in jeopardy of rambling! (If you don't consider blogging itself rambling).

No comments:

Post a Comment