Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Lessons Learned

I always feel like I learn a lot of life lessons when I am at home over break. I guess getting back to my roots and into my comfort zone gives me the opportunity to observe and think. But, it's late and I'm failing at my attempts to go to bed early the last week at home. So I'm going to give you a few quick lessons that I will take back to school with me.

- It's really hard to cut your dog's hair yourself. And the first haircut probably will look rather funny. No, I did not try to groom my dog. My sister did. I came home from an evening out to find dog hair on the kitchen floor. All I can say is poor, poor doggy.

- Family takes care of each other. It really is true that sometimes you've only got your family. And I am so thankful for mine.

- I still need to learn to pack appropriately. For some reason, I still don't know what I need on a trip. Either I forget something important, like a toothbrush or pajamas. Or I completely err in my estimation of how many clothes to bring. But I still can't fit everything into my suitcase. Problems!

Haha. I've had a wonderful Christmas break. Tomorrow holds friends and ice skating. There's a new outdoor rink in town, so exciting! I've never actually experienced skating at an outdoor rink. It's so movie-like, glamorous. Then I head back to school. This is going to be a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment