Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

I Am Not Brave

I am back to school and I've finished up my first day of classes. Hooray! It was a good day. Class started after lunch and was home by 5 - the perfect schedule! My friends and I tried out the new campus restaurants. I had Moe's but there's also a Which Wich. That started off my day quite nicely. So here's to Spring semester 2012!!

The end of break was quite a whirlwind. I wanted to get my fill of shopping and friends and cooking. And sleep, but that didn't really happen. On Thursday, I was rubbing my sore neck when I discovered a lump on the side of my neck. Yeah, that's what I thought. I mentioned it to my mom and went to bed hoping it would go away. I'd like to say that I was reasonable and knew that there are many reasons for there to be a lump on your neck. But all I could think of was the worst possible scenario. I knew I either had lyme disease or cancer. And I hate to admit it, but I was kinda scared. I had a flight on Saturday and just didn't want to deal with it. On Friday I had plans all day (detailed below), so I just ignored the little scary voice in my head. That night we decided that I should go to the doctor in the morning - before we left for the airport at 11. haha. Long story short, the doc said it's probs just my lymph nodes fighting off an infection and prescribed me some antibiotics. BUT if it doesn't go away or I find more, I should go get a blood test. Oh.

What did I learn from this little wrench in my perfect week? Well, that I am a scaredy cat. The only brave thing I do is that I play sudoku with a pen - though that is probably more foolhardy than brave :) So maybe one of my new goals is to do brave things every now and then. Though bravery isn't something to go out and seek. It just kinda happens in certain situations. But if I live my life in a way that leaves no regrets, I think it will be easier to be brave.

And what did I do on Friday? (don't you love that I start all my paragraphs with a question). I went ice skating! And it made me feel OLD!! I had so much trouble. Once I actually tightened my skates it went a little better. But boy oh boy, it was a struggle. I did fall once, unfortunately, and now have a nasty bruise on my knee. But I wasn't as sore as I expected to be! Hooray! All in all it was fun and a great way to end the break.

(I bought blackberries yesterday - they were on sale!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment