Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Little Bit of Ordinary

Dear friends,

I think you will be interested to know that I have had the most ordinary, average week. Almost nothing with writing about has happened, yet I am about to write a whole post. I thought that when I started blogging, my life would somehow be more interesting. As if this public journal would make me see with new eyes and even the little things would suddenly have a whole new life. I may be just a little idealistic. As you have witnessed, that didn't quite happen the way I had hoped. Even my roommates laugh at my writing (though I would be the first to admit that I need a lot more writing practice). Despite these major setbacks and heartbreaking realizations, I will press forward and pull out the good highlights of my week. (PLEASE tell me you caught the sarcasm).

Most exciting: I got to borrow my sister's car. So I had shelter the one day it rained this week.

Most nerdy: I met with my new chamber music group this week. And we read through the Brahms piano quartet in g minor. It made my day!! Such beautiful music.

Most mundane: I had a sandwich for dinner one night because I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer.

Most funny: after seeing We Bought a Zoo (good movie, go see it), I and my two roommates ran to our car to get out of the cold. When we got in the car we noticed the car parked facing us was full of guys laughing at us. Yep, we were cold-wimps, and we got caught. But they flashed their lights at us, so does that mean ythey think we are cute?

All in all, a good week. I love my class schedule and am still super pumped for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment