Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

When I grow up I want to be a child prodigy

Hey there!

So I've finally come out of another hole. Well, it wasn't too much of a hole, so maybe a ditch. This morning I turned in my 12 page music history research paper. It didn't take up too much time, just the whole beginning of this week. It was quite a fascinating paper to write. I traced the development of the fugue, how Bach changed it, and tried to semi-define what a fugue is. Did you know it's not really a genre? There's no widespread consensus on what exactly a fugue is. Weird. But cool.

Then! In theory this morning we listened to Bach's Goldberg Variations. FANTABULOUS music. That man is such a genius.

Also, halloween happened! I'm not the biggest fan of halloween, but I find it a lovely excuse to do fall things and have celebrations. I ate candy corn and carved pumpkins. And do you know the best part about pumpkin carving?

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (super simple recipe):
1) place seeds and orange gunk into strainer
2) run water over seeds and clean out orange gunk
3) put seeds in plastic bag and add spices of your choice: salt, pepper, paprika, cumin (?)
5) put some oil on a cookie sheet with sides then spread seeds onto pan
4)Place in oven preheated to 375 and roast away! About 15 min. wait until they are golden brown, I didn't wait long enough and they weren't crunchy enough for my taste.

SUPER delicious, a nice snack. Just keep in an airtight container (duh)!

This weekend is homecoming which means: parade w/ hot chocolate, BONFIRE, fair rides, FOOTBALL! And most importantly (here comes the cheesy moment) a wonderful time with awesome friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment