Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

SO MUCH COOKING

Well, I spent probably half of my day in the kitchen. It was great :) I wanted to share with you some of my creations. If you haven't cooked recently, GET IN THE KITCHEN! :) It's a great stress reliever and a great creative oulet. Plus, yummy things exist afterwards. So I started with bread. I've been wanting to try my hand at a loaf of bread for a while now and finally got a recipe to try. Here's the beautiful dough:


While it rose for AGES, I made inside-out individual apple pie. Yum :) You hollow out an apple:


And then cook the pie crust in a muffin tin with the filling. Then put the finished "pie" back into the apple:


I cooked the bread a little too long, it's kinda brown. I haven't eaten any yet, so we'll see. But I'm sure it will be fine for sandwiches :)



Finally, I made chocolate granola tonight. The recipe called for cheerios, but I used chocolate cheerios (my new addiction), because why not? I ran out of honey, so it might be a little bitter. But hey, it's a snack. And it's chocolate


In the middle of all my baking, my roommates and I made an elaborate lunch. We've been a little homesick lately and decided we would make pot roast and veggies for Sunday dinner. We called our family to figure out exactly what we needed and how to proceed. We inaugurated the crock pot and made GOOOOOOD food :) Here's a glimpse:
Opening up the pot! Smelled amazing!



Cutting the roast...and a glimpse of the veggies

Plates that were waiting to be filled with goodness



No comments:

Post a Comment