Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blogging Goggles

Hey you! Blog-world, virtual friends, readers, whatever you fancy yourself as. So, I was sitting in my bed with my computer last night trying to force something out of my brain onto this blog. But I just kept staring at my white computer screen so I gave up. Well, maybe it wasn't giving up. It would have been a post that would fit into the category of "reluctant noises" rather than "joyful," so maybe I was sacrificing my desire to post to the quality of my blog (yeah right).

Anyways, I resolved to look at today through new eyes. I would see every little detail of my life as an opportunity to write a great, satirical, comical, enjoyable blog post (I love adjectives). But let me tell you, strange things happen when you look at life as one giant post. First of all, nothing interesting happens. I think life actually gets more bland. But despite this pallidness, I made myself search for meaning in the minutia of life. Here's what I came up with:

A girl came down the hallway out of breath and exclaimed how she almost died because there was "a clear liquid" that she slipped on. I could write on how inanimate objects try to kill us. I later tripped on the ground, it definitely attacked me. Then my locker cut my hand. Ouch.

I could write on the first thing our adrenaline leads us to do. I came home tonight and heard my roommate squeal, yell "what are you doing" then scream bloody murder for a good couple seconds. I ran up the stairs screaming "what the heck is going on," ready to attack her murderer with my backpack. Yes, my backpack. I was scared for our lives. (It didn't help that the gate to our condo had been propped open).

Or I could talk about animals. Those "cute," living things that bark at night or leave scratches on human arms when they get annoyed. Yet we still love them and cuddle them and treat them like they have souls.

Unfortunately, I discovered that it's the negative things that pop out, so tomorrow I will look for blog potential in the positive. We'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment