Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Back? Maybe

The first sentence of a blog post is the hardest for me :) But now I'm past it, so yay. I took a long break from blogging (obviously). I was sick of forcing myself to write and I didn't think I would miss it. But guess what, I did! Will I be consistent at writing? I haven't any idea. I would like to be, but I'm sick of promising a new post but never delivering. So instead of setting expectations for myself and trying to live up to them, I'm just not setting any expectations so that we can be happy with whatever I deliver. That is such a great philosophy to live by!! NOT!!!

I am in the last days of my second-to-last semester of college. I am FREAKING out. A lot. This has been I think the best semester I've had yet. And I thought freshman year was gonna be pretty hard to beat. I love that in college it is so easy to neatly place life in seasons and sections. Last year I figured out a lot about myself. This year has been figuring out what that looks like exactly and living it out. SO. MUCH.FUN! I've learned so much in these past three months. I've tried a lot of new things, God has really been teaching and stretching me, and I feel like my perspective on life is changing for the better. But I'm having trouble letting go. And this isn't even the end yet. But moving on! I'm trying so hard not to be sappy and mushy all the time. And I'm trying not to ramble - maybe that should be something I work on. But maybe not. I don't know. Should I set goals to improve my blog writing? hmm. oh. rambling.

Joy. Trust. Faith. Grace. These things have been key in this semester. I have had an incredible amount of Joy recently and it can only come from God. One of the coolest things in life for me is seeing tangible ways that God fulfills his promises. And He has definitely given me an indescribably joy - about life, about the future, about people, everything. But idk what I would have done without that, because this whole semester has been God saying "hey Jo, do you trust me? Oh you think you do? Well, what if this happens?" So yeah. Don't get me wrong - nothing major major happened. Just a bunch a bunch of medium-sized things. And since I have a tendency towards the dramatic, life is that much more interesting. Anyways, I have learned that trusting God isn't just patiently waiting for something you know is going to happen. It's having absolutely no idea and actually believing that whatever happens will be good. It's SOOOOO easy to know it or think it. But actually living it is hard - actually letting go of worry and anxiety is something different. But yeah, God wants to tangibly take away my freaking out. I just gotta let Him! I'm losing control, that's all.

So welcome back into my life! Go give someone a high-five :)

No comments:

Post a Comment