Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stress, running, and a picnic

I have not been managing my stress well at all. This weekend I was completely overwhelmed by the things I had to do and I let it get to me. Most contributing to this is an accompanying piece I have to learn, my piano lesson today (which ended up being good), and a test tomorrow. However, I still got in some working out and some rest, which helped. And I had a lot of fun things happen too that I want to share.

I am one of the many who have read Hunger Games recently and I went to the midnight premier on Thursday. I ha never been to a midnight showing and wanted to get one in before I graduate. It was really fun! We got great seats because they let us move to an overflow theater. And I really liked the movie - it was well done.

The most important event this weekend was that I ran my first 5k! It really snuck up on me and I didn't feel prepared at all so I was a bit nervous. I made a playlist that consisted of a lot of eminem, and ran with my sister who is in much better shape than I am. I was aiming to be under 35, as I hadn't trained a lot and was not confident in my stamina. But we crossed the finish line in jut under 28 minutes. I almost hurled at the end, but finishing so well was the best feeling! I am hoping to run the half marathon next year, so I am going to begin to build up my base mileage. Running shoes will hopefully be a viable option soon, but probably not...so that will be interesting. But I am super excited!

After the race instead of taking a nap, I decided to go for a picnic with my roomies and explore the park here in town. It is huge! There are so many hiking and biking trails and we found an excellent picnicking spot. It was lovely.

Then I did homework and that's how I ended the weekend. This week is maybe turning out to be kinda chill. I'm doing some cross-training and am going to hopefully get back in the habit of cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment