Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Joys of Adulthood

Overall, I think being an adult is pretty awesomesauce. But sometimes it can scary or just plain frustrating. Yes, these thoughts are coming from experience.

So yesterday I get a text in the morning from my mom saying there is supposed to be severe weather and to watch for tornadoes. In addition, the weather forecast said there was a 90% chance of rain all day long. Well, it was a good thing I decided not to wear my rainboots because it was sunny all day until after dinner. But come about 9:30 or 10 pm and it starts storming like there's no tomorrow, yikes. Fortunately I have roommates whose commentary on the storm kept us all in good spirits. The sky was lighting up and the thunder was loud and long. And there's just no way to convince my mind that the thunder won't hurt me, haha. See, as a kid, I could go to sleep knowing that my Dad was listening to the weather radio and would wake us and get us to safety if there was a tornado. Well, when you're living on your own the best you can do is hope that the tornado siren wakes you up. And that's not too comforting when you're a deep sleeper. Anyways, I managed to get to sleep and only woke up once at 1:30 to the loudest thunderclap I have ever heard besides the time that lightning struck a tree right outside my dorm. When I woke up this morning it was STILL thundering, sheesh. But all was well and the storm eventually stopped.

Now comes the frustrations of adulthood. My roommate went out to leave this morning and her car was dead. Oh joy. Have any of us jumped a car? No, and I know we sound like such girls. But we have the cables and figured we would get instructions. So I go to move my car next to hers and mine won't start either. I wiggle the battery cable because that usually works and it still didn't start. So now two out of three of our cars are dead. So we have a friend come over and she gave Kris a ride and they later jumped her car with the help of a neighbor. And yes, I eventually got mine to start. But we will both probably be buying batteries pretty soon.

But despite the rough start to the morning, the day was good! I had some good rehearsals and some productive practice time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment