Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Paperclips and biscotti

Spring break. hmmmm. Just those two words make me feel all happy inside. Plus, Bob Marley is playing on my pandora right now - so that helps the mood. Anyways, there's nothing like a little break to get your priorities back in order. My sister and friend who I am with are big health nuts and runners, and are therefore having a superb influence on me. I have already been on a health kick, so these past couple of days have been great. Katelyn loves finding really wacky recipes on pinterest and the blogs that she follows, so we (mostly her) have been experimenting in the kitchen. Last night we had orange cloud pancakes, Saturday we had imitation chick-fil-a sandwiches. I've also enjoyed a few smoothies and some zucchini brownies that were surprisingly really good. You have doubts about the zucchini? Try it, I dare you.

In the three days that I have been here, I have been to the gym twice. And we are going again for yoga tonight (woo!). Not only do I have two girls to pressure me, but I have a 5k coming up in less than 2 weeks that I am trying to get ready for. But today I felt like a real runner because I came home with several blisters. Actually, that probably makes me only a wannabee cuz real runners do fancy things so they don't get blisters. Oh well. And this apartment has probably a hundred issues of running magazines and books, so I plan to maybe learn a thing or two to take back to my roommates :)

Okay, what else have I done over break? Here's my checklist that I plan to expand by one crazy thing every day:
1) get hit on by a 45 yr. old man
2) visit a tattoo parlor. Yep, I went with a friend. No, I didn't get a tattoo - I can't even think about it without getting a little weak at the knees. I totes could pull off a little something, but don't think I ever will.
3) wander downtown by myself and find a nice little place to sit and journal.

Okay, I hope my parents aren't freaking out :) Recipes and other fun things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment