Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Halfway Around the World

Last night we landed in Delhi again after spending a week in one of the most wonderful places on earth. Yes, I rang in 2013 in a small rural village in east India. As our friend says, it is the uttermost part of the world. Deciding to come to India was one of the best decisions of my life. I left the U.S. two days after Christmas and landed in Delhi on the 29th. 2 days we spent in Delhi then headed to the village where we spent a week being hosted by a wonderful family. We worked with teachers, taught students, saw God's great power and love, and experienced India. I saw water buffalo, more rice than I've seen in my entire life, and beautiful sunsets. We are getting ready to head home now and while I am incredibly sad to go, I leave with so much joy in my heart, henna covering my arms, and the hope and expectation to return.

I am so excited to write about the trip and share my experiences. Though nothing will ever compare to you being there yourself, which I hope you will seriously consider. For reals though, I would tell everyone I know to go on a trip like mine. Hands down, no question. I spent the entire time in awe of Gods work, and I still am. I am inspired, encouraged and challenged. Pastor Abhi spent so much time discipling us and teaching us as we walked through jungles and fields, or while sitting at the dinner table eating mountains of rice. He told us that as Christians, we are to reproduce ourselves. I am to make more Jocelyns. And Jocelyns love India. So. Before I give away too much, I will end this little teaser. India was amazing, and I have many many stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment