Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thoughts

A week ago exactly we landed in Dallas after 2 weeks in India. Wow. I think a part of me is still there. I went to a movie with friends last night and I was sitting there reflecting on the trip and the week I've been home. It sounds so obvious, but life here is so different from life there, and I'm trying to figure out what all that means. Where does seeing what I saw leave me. I encountered so much love, so much joy, so much FAITH. And here I am back to where I have WAY more than I could want or need. And I'm trying to avoid saying that one place is bad and one is good - I am where I am because God put me here and it is good. It was a very life-giving trip, so I guess I'm trying to figure out what to do with all that when I'm here in a place where it's all about school and making yourself better so you can have a good future. Where is the evidence of God in this? And that must be why I'm here, and why you're here. Just as God came to that village through Abhi, I hope that I will let God come into my world through me. There are no literal thrashing floors here at school, but God is still here and the Bible is as real as ever. So. That's where I'm at right now. (pics and more stories to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment