Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Vienna is lovely

Oh how I love it here! It is the end of day 3 in Vienna and I have one day left to enjoy the city. I have crammed as much as possible into my time here and I am exhausted! So far my favorite thing has just been walking around. All the buildings are beautiful but then you turn a corner and run into something magnificent! Today I did some shopping. I just walked around a few of the different main shopping streets and came home with a couple souvenirs. I also walked around the park that's right next to my hotel and saw the golden statue of Johann Strauss.

I am beginning to get comfortable with getting around and doing things like ordering food. Yesterday I told my brother that the worst thing here was trying to eat. Restaurants here are confusing! I went into one the first night I was here and stood at the front for several minutes and no one seated me. So I left. The next day I figured you just sit down, so I did. Well no one ever came to get my order. So I left again, haha. Since that I've stuck to cafes mostly. I don't even need English anymore to get food :) though I still pretty much feel stupid all of the time. Oh well. People are mostly nice and helpful.

Also, I finally checked out the executive lounge today. Since Dad booked my reservation and he is platinum level at the Hilton, I am enjoying the executive floor and all its privileges. That includes free food and drink upstairs in the lounge. Sweet!

Okay, I'm going to sleep now so that I can get the most out of tomorrow. I might cry when I have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment