Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Europe

Internet access is limited until I get to Innsbruck on Sunday, so my blogs will be short. I'm about to go to dinner so here is the email I sent to my parents last night when I got in.

Well I made it! What a stinkin long flight! And I could NOT sleep. So much for depriving myself last night so that I would be tired. And then the 3 hour wait for the 4 hour train ride. But! I am safe in the Hotel now.
I have to say, it was a little frightening trying to get around at first. SO many people just came up to me talking German and I just panic-like said "English". Haha. Maybe I don't scream tourist? Doubt it. And I'm pretty sure I got lectured on the S-bahn, though I have no idea why because I couldn't understand her then she walked off. I think it was cuz I had my feet on the empty seat across from me. Woops.
I got to walk around Vienna some this evening in the rain trying to find food. But I have figured out the subway and even helped two ppl who asked me for help! Haha. SO many ppl just come up to me and start speaking German.

Yep that was basically my day. I could share all the little details - but that would be a lot!

Today I visited schöbrunn palace an walked through the gardens. It was great. Now I am just exploring the city on foot. I ran into Beethoven and Goethe statues! And got up the courage to go into shops (with a grüss gott greeting) and a grocery store. I got chocolate and "juicy water". Hooray! Also I found out that the film festival will be showing der freischutz and the phantom of the opera the next two nights. Exciting! Okay, that's all for now. Check out my instagram for pics: jocelise

No comments:

Post a Comment