Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Little Update

Hi guys, I had such an adventure yesterday that I have to share. I got up in the morning and decided to go back to the doctor to get some stronger medicine for this migraine that won't go away. Unfortunately, migraine medicine is really difficult to get a hold of. All I want is some excedrin! Anyways, the doctor seemed concerned that the meds he gave me earlier didn't help and that I was still having some vision problems. So he sent me to the hospital. Yep. When he first said that, I almost laughed out loud because I thought he was joking, then when it hit me I just about burst into tears. But I maintained composure and asked if I should just wait til I get to the states on Monday. No, he wants to know right away. So I spent my morning yesterday in the neurological ER here in Innsbruck. I received a full neurological examination, blood work and an MRI. I came away with no bruise on my arm from the IV, which is amazing because I always get HUGE bruises on my arm whenever I get blood drawn. Anyways, everything was of course absolutely normal. So they wanted me to stay at least one might in the hospital for observation. Ha! No way José. Fortunately they let me sign something and leave - with zero charges. Everything was free. I was so shocked. The whole time I was there I couldn't stop thinking about how much damage I was going to do on my dads emergency credit card because of a stupid headache. But thanks to European socialized medicine, I haven't had to pull out the plastic yet. They gave me some kind of medicine through the IV that made the rest of the day seem like a blur though. I was so drowsy and out of it, I slept pretty much from 5pm to 8 this morning with a nap earlier in the afternoon too. Anyways, my European experience has included the health care system, so I'm getting a well-rounded picture I guess. I do have to say that God is watching out because it's possible my doctor at home would want an MRI when I get back, and my family is between insurance. So I might as well get it done while its free!

I only have a couple days left here and I am going to do my best to enjoy it. On my to-do list is: get apple strudel, get gelato, buy souvenirs/gifts, get an item of European clothing. I think that's it. Oh, and stay out of the hospital, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment