Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmastime is here!

Well, merry Christmas!! I know, it's a little early. BUT, I just finished finals and it feels like Christmas is here for real! I get to keep saying merry Christmas to people (as well as goodbye), and have had time to think about Christmas gifts, hooray! It is such a delight to find that perfect gift for someone.

Have you ever noticed how ordinary things join in on the Christmas spirit? Things that seem normal and inconspicuous are just chilling there being themselves, then suddenly you notice how Christmasy they are! Anything red and green becomes highly festive. Whether it's team colors, road signs, or your year round decorations. It all screams CHRISTMAS!!!

Also. Since I started college, I've always been bothered by the fact that I feel like I have two separate lives. Going home for break is always a little funny, because I'm completely leaving this world I've made for myself and entering a new world, or rather my old world. But you know what? It's okay. Yes, I feel like I have two different worlds that just don't connect. But it's normal. At this point in my life, I am supposed to have college life and home life. They are supposed to be separate. That doesn't mean I am someone fake when I'm at school or fake when I'm at home. Anyways, just thought I'd share that little revelation. Sometimes its good to just accept your feelings, accept the facts, and deal with them.

One final note - God is good! Always. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment