Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Direction


I’m suddenly terrified of this decision I’ve almost made. I’ve spent so much time praying, seeking God, asking for wisdom. Yet I still feel like I’m making the decision on my own. I’m standing here almost frozen, not wanting to make the wrong decision. I trust that God speaks to people, that He guides us along the path He’s made for us. I trust that He won’t let us fall away. But I don’t trust myself. I don’t believe that I can make a decision without another human. I feel completely unworthy and naked. I can’t do it. I long for someone I trust to tell me explicitly and completely that I am making the right decision, this is most definitely where God is leading you. But why do I believe God can speak to someone else so clearly, but not to me? Why would God choose to let me hear Him clearly? I don’t deserve that. But wait. No one does. I find myself proclaiming the unending, amazing, beautifully deep love and grace of the cross, but deep down I think that only other people can experience Him intimately. But I’m also afraid. Afraid of what other people think. I’m afraid my parents will say I’ve made the wrong decision, I was foolish, too naïve. I’m afraid I’m doing this for the wrong reasons. After all, my heart is deceitful, right? I don’t know. I just really don’t know. But I’m gonna take this first step. I’m going to choose to confidently make this decision. I’m going to trust that God isn’t out to confuse me. He doesn’t operate based on fear; instead He guides me and directs me and pursues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment